What is the Tiny Cat Gallery?
- The Tiny cat Gallery is a cardboard box painted in Farrow & Ball matt Stiffkey Blue. It is staffed by small plastic cats.
- There is no ceiling, although that could be arranged if needed.
- Flooring is industrial rubber, short pile blue carpet, maroon glitter or faintly gridded grey.
How big is the Tiny Cat Gallery?
- Height: 34cm
- Width of small wall: 34cm
- Width of long wall: 54cm – this is interrupted by a door which can be covered over.
How many artworks can I fit in the space?
The amount of works depends on the size of your pieces. Work can be double hung as long as this doesn’t look crowded.
How long do exhibitions last?
One week, with installation on Sunday and pack down the following Sunday. The work is exhibited for a total of 6 days and attempts are made to document daily although there is no guarantee of every day posts.
How can I visit an exhibition?
Viewing is currently online only and is documented on Instagram. A record of each exhibition is kept on www.lisa-cole.co.uk and the process of curating is documented at www.a-n.co.uk/blogs/the-tiny-cat-gallery
Sales and Commission
- A standard rate of commission is charged at 50% of the gross selling price.
- Artwork is held by the gallery for one month after the exhibition closes and will be returned if there is no sale.
- Artists will receive a statement of sales as soon as all works sold have been paid for, payment will be made to the artist within 30 days of the exhibition being taken down.
- I am not VAT registered.
Work exhibited at the Tiny Cat Gallery can be from anywhere in the world as long as it can be posted to the UK and fit through a letterbox. Return postage must be enclosed. This can be by PayPal if you are overseas.
Do you accept prints, or only originals?
I accept both prints and original pieces of art. Work must be posted though. I do not print off work for artists.
It is up to artists to decide how much they would like to price their work for.
Logistics and postage
The Tiny Cat Gallery prefers artwork that can fit through the letterbox but if you have ideas for a larger installation please let me know and we can discuss it.
If you want me to return your work please enclose postage and packaging for return, with your address.
Any artwork sold will be posted first class signed for.
What promotion do you do for the exhibition?
I post on a dedicated Instagram account for the Tiny Gallery and occasionally repost to my personal Instagram, Twitter & Facebook and create individual promotional graphics for each exhibition.
Your work will not be covered by insurance whilst it is exhibited but you are welcome to to buy special coverage for your works for the duration of the exhibition.
Terms and Conditions
The artist is responsible for:
- Postage to the gallery
- Enclosing postage and packaging for safe return of the artwork
- Extra insurance if needed
- Delivering artwork on time for the agreed dates
The gallery is responsible for
- Setting up the space to the artists requirements as much as possible
- Promotion via social media of the event
- Payment of 50% of the total price agreed excluding postage and packaging via PayPal to the artist if work sells. (Artwork priced at £50 with £4 postage – artist gets £25)
- Taking care with the artwork to ensure it is as safe as possible in the tiny gallery.
The gallery is not responsible for accidents that might happen to the artwork in the gallery location or in transit.
The Tiny Cat Gallery reserves the right to withdraw an exhibition at any time. (added 25/7/20)
There is no guarantee that the Tiny Cat Gallery will be able to display all the artwork an artist sends. (added 25/7/20)
Terms may change at no notice but this will only be to protect the gallery and the artist. All changes will be dated.
What is the process of exhibiting in the Tiny Cat Gallery
The gallery has no theme and is open to submissions and proposals.
Artwork and frames will need to be approved before acceptance. (added 25/7/20)
If you would like to participate please fill in the form below: