20th June 2021
June 18th 2021
The gimbal is making a big difference to the pens contact time on the paper.
- I’ve reduced the moving surfaces and have the pen attached to the base of a bird feeder, drawing onto a solid surface instead of a moving one.
- Added a 360 degree swivel to the top
- Weighted the pen so it can still move but retains contact with the paper
- The cable ties give an element of bounce and flexibility
- Try with a turntable onto the solid surface – possibly with something to catch the wind
- Try a rigid (split bamboo?) structure instead of the cable ties
- Refine the weighting system for the pen
- Prototype using colours to denote temperatures
For the moment I’m very happy with the patterns coming from the bird feeder. Adding a 360 degree swivel at the top has created zig zag lines.