How many useful things can you make out of an old jumper?
If possible the learners could bring old jumpers – ones that have shrunk in the wash are perfect, loose knits not so good. Fleece would work too.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Apply Design Thinking principles to solve problems
- Define individual requirements and design to them
- Identify properties of different fibres
- Demonstrate different methods of sewing by hand and machine
- Use a sewing machine
- Creatively re-use waste materials
Requirements – jumpers, sewing machines, thread, scissors, glue gun.